Hengqin further facilitates export tax rebate
Authorities in the Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin are focusing on reducing export tax rebate documents, procedures and paper qualification proof in order to speed up tax rebate approvals customs clearance of returned cargo, and on-site due diligence.
The aim is to further facilitate the development of export enterprises in the cooperation zone and improve the business environment of foreign trade, Newsgd.com reports.
According to official statistics, a quarter of Hengqin companies applying for export tax refunds are selling products to Macau.
“There will be no need to fill in declaration forms for export tax rebates. The customs declaration information and the receipts of export goods can be immediately found online, which is very useful for exporting companies,” Zhong Jian, CEO of Zhuhai Weichao Technology Co., Ltd. said.
Official data shows that the total foreign trade volume of the Hengqin cooperation zone in 2021 reached RMB31.47 billion, among which the total export value was RMB13.98 billion. With the development of Hengqin’s industrial clusters and the unleashing of corporate vitality, Hengqin’s export enterprises are gradually enlarging business scales and moving towards industrialization. The amount of export tax refund in Hengqin increased rapidly from RMB48 million in 2019 to RMB639 million in 2021.
GBA Roundup – Five Takeaways
1. The Director of the Guangdong Provincial Administrative services Data Management, Yang Pengfei, has announced the province’s mobile government service platform ‘Guangdong Provincial Affairs’ launched an independent app with a new ‘Group Code’ health management tool created by managers of groups such as schools and enterprises. https://www.macaubusiness.com/guangdong-province-affairs-launches-independent-app-with-group-code-function/
2. The Macau Urban Renewal Limited has estimated that it expects its main residential project in Hengqin to obtain a mainland China Commercial Housing Pre-sale Permit by the end of this year, TDM Radio reported. https://www.macaubusiness.com/macau-new-neighbourhood-pre-sale-permits-received-by-year-end/
3. Zhuhai National Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone (Zhuhai HIDZ) plans to surpass a gross industrial output value of over RMB100 billion (MOP119.7 billion/US$14.8 billion) in three years, with the aim to build a “world-class” hi-tech park. https://www.macaubusiness.com/zhuhai-hi-tech-zone-aiming-to-surpass-rmb100-bln-in-output-until-2025/
4. American-Australian basketball coach Brian Goorjian has been appointed as the first coach for a new Greater Bay Area basketball team project included in the new East Asia Super League (EASL) format for 2022. https://www.macaubusiness.com/brian-goorjian-to-be-the-first-coach-of-new-gba-basketball-team-franchise/
5. A new batch of nine key infrastructure projects started construction in Doumen District’s Huxin New City in Zhuhai, involving total investment of 1.5 billion yuan https://www.macaubusiness.com/key-infrastructures-added-to-zhuhais-huxin-new-city/